Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- How much does it cost to advertise in your community newsletters?
- What are your deadlines?
- What are your delivery dates?
- Can I submit an article to the newsletters?
- How do I submit my ad?
- Can you design an ad for me, and how much will it cost me?
- What is your policy for submitting ad changes?
- How do the discounts work?
- How do I get my ad on a specific page, like the outside or inside covers, is there an extra cost?
- Do discounts apply to colour?
- How do I pay for a first booking?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Will you keep my ads on file?
- Can you send me a printed copy of the newsletter my ad is featured in?
1. How much does it cost to advertise in your community newsletters?
Different rates apply for different sizes and advertising frequencies. Contact one of our customer service representatives at email@example.com or phone 403-263-3044 to book your ad and to answer any of your questions. Our rates are also available online via our Rate Sheet.
2. What are your deadlines?
Please note that both our advertising and editorial submission deadlines are always the 1st of the previous month (e.g. July 1st for an August issue). Any content provided after this date cannot be guaranteed a space in the desired newsletters.
3. What are your delivery dates?
We have partnered with Canada Post in order to distribute our 77 newsletters within the first two weeks of every month. However, Great News Publishing does not guarantee specific delivery dates. If your ad features a fixed date such as an event, please indicate the date at time of booking, so that our staff can ensure that your ad runs in an issue which will reach readers before the event.
4. Can I submit an article to the newsletters?
Great News Publishing is always looking for new and exciting local articles to publish in our community newsletters. We ask that authors provide original, engaging content that promotes community engagement and encourages reader discussion. To learn more about our submission guidelines please read the following article. All Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How do I submit my ad?
All ad materials must be submitted via email without any crop marks, in high resolution PDF, EPS, TIFF or JPG format. Digital photos and graphics files should be at a resolution of 300 dpi or higher at the final size. Please follow refer to our Rate Sheet to learn more about our advertising size specification and guidelines.
6. Can you design an ad for me, and how much will it cost me?
Of course we can! Our talented design team would be more than happy to assist with designing an ad tailored to your target market. A small $35 design fee is charged on a per case basis to create the ad for you.
7. What is your policy for submitting ad changes?
Here at Great News Publishing, we’re super easy to work with. You can count on us to make your requested ad changes, so you can focus on running your business. We will provide up to 2 proofs free of charge; however, in the event of failure to provide approval of the Proof Copy within 24 hours of receipt, Great News Publishing reserves the right to run booked advertising as is.
8. How do the discounts work?
Frequency discounts are available for bookings with multiple insertions, based on the number of runs within a 12-month period.
10% OFF for Booking 3 Insertions
15% OFF for Booking 6 Insertions
20% OFF for Booking 12 Insertions
30% OFF for 100,000+ Households
35% OFF for all 380,000 Households
9. How do I get my ad on a specific page, like the outside or inside covers, and is there an extra cost?
Keep in mind that the position of all ads within our newsletters, are at the discretion of the publisher, with the exceptions of advertisers that have specifically paid for a premium location.
+10% Specific Location Fee
+40% Back Cover Fee (Full Colour Included).
All premium cover locations are printed in full color and are on a first-come, first-served basis, so make sure you contact one of our customer service representatives at email@example.com or phone 403-263-3044 to book your ad and to answer any of your questions.
10. Do discounts apply to colour?
No. Discounts don’t apply to our colour options or the business classifieds section.
11. How do I pay for a first booking?
We accept cheque, VISA or MasterCard. A credit card is required to be kept on file for all customers. Payment is due upfront upon receipt of the invoice for your initial booking. For all future bookings our payment terms are net 30-days. Contact one of our customer service representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 403-263-3044 to book your ad.
12. What is your cancellation policy?
The advertiser is responsible for providing written e-mail notification to Great News Publishing for any changes or cancellations to the scheduled advertising copy at least 30 days prior to the publication date otherwise Great News Publishing reserves the right to run booked advertising as is.
13. Will you keep my ads on file?
Yes, we keep a detailed booking history, as well copies of your ad saved in our client database.
14. Can you send me a printed copy of the newsletter my ad is featured in?
Yes! Printed copies can be mailed to you upon request and availability.